Your business may not necessarily need the highest quality towels. If you run a gym for example, thinner fast absorbing towels work better. But if you run a hotel, you won’t get many happy reviews from overnight guests who have had to dry off using scruffy old pilly towels. So how do you choose bath towels for your business that are of high quality and will last a long time?
How to Choose Bath Towels
First of all, you never want to go cheap. For one, you are going to end up spending more money in the long run when you have to constantly replace fraying and scratchy towels. It is in your best interest as a business owner that uses bath towels as part of your operations to spend the money for high quality. Consider these factors to choose bath towels that are soft, fluffy, and durable.
1. Choose the Right Thickness
The number that you are looking for is a high GSM (grams per square meter). This will tell you how thick the fibers are and that affects the fluffiness and absorption of bath towels. Lower GSMs are thin like dish towels and gym towels.
2. Decide on the Right Texture – Use Your Senses
Part of choosing the right bath towels for your business is using your senses. To get the right texture, hold the towels in your hands and rub them against your face to judge if it’s good enough. Keep in mind though that those fluffy towels on store shelves may not last more than two washes before all the fluff is gone. When choosing the right texture, these cotton materials are best for bath towels:
- Egyptian Cotton is Best for High-Quality Bath Towels – Longer fibers provide better absorption and create fluffier towels. Do you want spa quality towels? Use Egyptian cotton.
- Pima Cotton or Supima is the American Version of Egyptian Cotton – Pima cotton is shinier than Egyptian cotton but the quality of fluffiness and density is equal to the better known Egyptian cotton.
3. How to Choose Bath Towels for Special Needs
Of course, while you want the best bath towels for your business, you may consider keeping some specialized bath towels for your patrons with special needs. For instance, Peruvian cotton is not quite as thick as Egyptian cotton, in fact, it makes a much better gym towel than a bath towel BUT it is soft, sheds less, and is best for people with sensitive skin.
Your guests may also appreciate green bath towels even if they are not as soft and fluffy. Modal towel fabric is made from beech trees. Bamboo is also an organic fabric that is used in making bath towels for the planet conscious. However, these towels are not as luxurious as fine cotton but they do provide other benefits like:
- Modal can absorb 50% more moisture than standard cotton towels
- Bamboo has a velvet-like quality and resists mildew
- Terry cloth bath towels are highly absorbent while less expensive than Egyptian or Pima cotton
- Waffle Weave bath towels are thinner than Egyptian or Pima cotton, which allows them to dry faster and are highly absorbent due to the waffle pattern – they also work as a decorative piece.
Keep in mind also that the way in which your bath towels are designed will affect their quality. For instance, two-ply Egyptian or Pima bath towels are the gold standard. Edging is another factor that can help your bath towels last longer. Thicker edges prevent fraying after long term use.
4. Choose the Right Launderer
Lastly, if you want to not only choose the best bath towels for your business but also keep them looking nice for a long time, you have to choose the right linen services provider. You don’t want to just drop these fine towels off at the dry cleaner.
However, if you want to take a try yourself, these are the recommended detergents to use for best results.
- All Mighty Pacs Oxi
- Persil ProClean Power-Liquid 2in1
- Tide HE Plus Bleach Alternative
- Tide Plus Ultra Stain Release
- Tide Pods Plus Febreze
- Tide Ultra Free & Gentle
To play it safe and ensure your linens are taken care of and last awhile, contact Wilkins Linen today. Our professional linen management team can help you pick out the best industrial textile products, including bath towel rentals, for your specific company. You can rely on us for dependable and cost-effective linen rental and cleaning services for your Houston area business.